‘The Bricasti M28 Monobloc amplifers will produce true reference-quality sound’ – John Atkinkson, Stereophile
…Its measured performance reveals Bricasti’s M28 to be a worthy stablemate to the company’s superb-measuring and equally superb-sounding M1 D/A processor.
– John Atkinson, Stereophile
“In short, my speakers and I were absolutely thrilled with the time spent with the Bricasti M28 amplifiers. The M28 have earned a spot on our Most Wanted List and are an easy Editor’s Recommendation.”
– Scott Hull, partimeaudiophile.com (read the review)
Bricasti M28 Monobloc Amplifier
The Bricasti M28 monobloc amplifier is an exceptionally pure and precisely controlled reservoir of current. The expression of craft wrought in this deep pool effortlessly provides the massive current required to grab onto and control any speaker through the most demanding of musical passages. The sought after listening experience that is so elusive is immediately evident. The M28 is conservatively rated at 200 watts into an 8 ohm load. Ruler flat response and vanishing distortion of course. Fast, articulate, distortion free low frequency performance, even at the speakers resonant peak, perhaps unanticipated.
A balanced differential structure minimises the stress across each of the M28 amplifier’s internal elements. Pairing the M28 with the balanced structure of the Bricasti M1 digital to analog converter forms a balanced differential signal flow from source to speaker. This unique pairing forms an optimised engineered system that announces a natural yet rarely heard sonic ease. For added flexibility the M28 offers 18 dB of stepped attenuated gain adjustment to enable proper level matching with any audio source or listening space. An RS232 link conveys status information for monitoring a number of system functions.
Please contact us for more details.
- Solid-state monobloc power amplifier.
- Inputs: 1 unbalanced (RCA), 1 balanced (XLR).
- Outputs: 1 pair binding posts.
- Rated power output: 200W into 8 ohms (23dBW), 400W into 4 ohms (23dBW).
- Frequency response: 1Hz–150kHz, ±0.1dB. Gain: 26dB.
- Signal/noise: >100dB (no reference level given).
- Power consumption: 60W, 2W standby.
- Dimensions: 11.9″ (305mm) W by 13.8″ (355mm) H by 17.8″ (457mm) D.
- Weight: 79.2 lbs (36kg) net, 99 lbs (45kg) shipping.