‘Don’t go near one of these things without being prepared to buy it. It’ll ruin you for anything else.’ – Soundstagenetwork.com
The bottom line: The Devialet 120 — with its paltry 120Wpc into 6 ohms and its price of $6495 — was a great match for the Magico Q7s, whose cost matches their size: $185,000/pair… Don’t go near one of these things without being prepared to buy it. It’ll ruin you for anything else.
– Jeff Fritz, Soundstagenetwork.com, read the review
“Fantastic sound and drop dead gorgeous casework [on the Devialet 120]. Devialet’s new SAM (Speaker Active Matching) technology, in a nutshell, provides a more synergistic coupling between amplifier and loudspeaker, thanks to their engineers harnessing more power of the on board DSPs.”
– Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio, August, 2014
The Devialet 120 is a state-of-the-art piece of hardware, an inspired design marked by deep originality and a thorough understanding of how humans actually interact with modern technology. Devialet’s daring vision is as unorthodox as it is innovative. Most important, within its power limitations, its sound quality is peerless. That it can be had for $6495 is almost unbelievable — and for that reason, it is the single most impressive audio product I’ve ever spent time with.
– Hans Wetzel, soundstagenetwork.com
“If it were a car, the Devialet would be a Porsche Boxster S—not quite a 911 GT3, Ferrari or Aston, but so damn close that you won’t want to bother coming up with all that extra cash.One listen is all it takes to see why the Devialet Ensemble system is, by far, our favorite system going—and the component I’ve chosen for my home audio system.”
– Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio, Issue 67
“The Devialet 200 Integrated Amplifier/DAC was shocking in some respects – the clarity, transparency, dynamic impact, and bass authority were simply sensational for any amplifier, never mind an amplifier of the 200’s size and price. This quality of bass and dynamic agility in an under-$10k integrated amplifier is remarkable. The Devialet 200’s other salient quality was an open, transparent and dimensional rendering …the ability to conjure the illusion of instruments in space, each surrounded by a halo of air, the 200 was in the territory of expensive separates…
Even under the unforgiving microscope of the Magico Q7s, the Devialet sounded like much, much, more expensive electronics…
The Devialet 200/400 is, by a wide margin, the most advanced, flexible, and technically sophisticated audio product I’ve reviewed.”
– Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound, February 2015
“There is a beautiful clarity to music reproduced through the Devialet that allows one to focus on its composition. Its constituent elements. There’s also an uncanny grip on dynamic flow, which amounts to an effortless natural quality to even the most challenging music… delivers a hugely compelling sound picture as finely detailed as you’re likely to hear while also providing rich musical warmth all in a package that’s very easy to love.”
– Michael Lavorgna, Audiostream.com (read the review)
DEVIALET 120 INTEGRATED AMPLIFER/DAC
The Devialet 120 is a fully configurable Devialet stereo system that adapt to your every whim. Equipped with all of the proprietary Devialet technologies (ADH®, SAM®, AIR® and EVO® platforms), this device offers you one of the best performers on the market, in a mirror polished cabinet with a unique design.
Devialet’s total pledge of uncompromising performance, its revolutionary ADH® and integrated SAM® technologies, expandability via its EVO® platform and extreme ease of use, in an extremely elegant cabinet will suit your home perfectly.
ADH , SAM, AIR… The Devialet 120 incorporates all of the features and proprietary technologies that make Devialet products exceptional both in terms of performance and possible uses.
The built-in EVO card enables free, regular updates of the internal software that offer you the ability to improve the performance of your Devialet or to take advantage of new features in just a few clicks.
Like all Devialet devices, the Devialet 120 is fully controlled by software that allows you to configure it via our online configuration tool. Customize each of your inputs according to the sound source to achieve the best possible results.
Possible Devialet 120 input configurations:
– AIR streaming via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
– 4x digital inputs
Should you find the Devialet 120 to be the device that best suits you and you want to connect a subwoofer or headphones to your system, a card to configure a pre-amplified mono or stereo analogue output is an optional feature.
Push the configuration boundaries of your Devialet.
Make the move to Devialet, the most successful high-end audio system in the world, the most critically acclaimed, the most purchased, and thanks to its unique ADH® technology, the best measured performance.
– Shortest signal path in the world (less than 4 inches between the DAC and the speakers output connectors): lossless by design.
– Unequalled Signal/Noise ratio (> 130 dB): abyssal silence, emotional power, the music emerges from nothingness.
– Harmonic distortion barely measurable (0,001%): absolute fidelity of instrumental timbres and sonorities.
– Intermodulation distortion equally barely measurable (0,001%): seizing realism of soundstage (separation and placing of instruments).
– Thermal distortion non measurable: very natural fast variations of dynamics (impacts, resonances).
- Device Type: Full Function Integrated Amplifier/DAC
- Power Output: 120 wpc into 6ohms
- Inputs: 1 Optical Toslink, 1 combined Optical Jack & RS232 Mini 3.5mm, 1 USB for computer, 1 Ethernet RJ45 for connection to LAN, Wi-Fi, 2 coaxial digital inputs, 1
- Line/Phono MM input,
- Outputs: Subwoofer output with cut-off frequency adjustment through the online configuration tool (optional), Preamplified Stereo Output for headphones or two subwoofers (optional), 2 pair speaker terminals
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 383 x 383 x 40 mm
- Weight: 5.65 Kg