‘The most analog digital player I ever listed to’ – Audio Stereo
Testimonials (on all Lumin products)
If you’ve been playing things safe waiting for the digital music server landscape to settle, you needn’t wait any longer. With the D1, Lumin makes it easy to test the NMP/server waters, and to almost have your cake and eat it too. The result is utterly breathtaking. The littlest Lumin comes very highly recommended.”
– Maurice Jeffries, PostiveFeedback.com
Product of the Year Award – The Absolute Sound (Upper End Music Server of the year)
“Had I not known better, I would have sworn I was listening to mastertapes. It was an impression of resolution, soundstage integrity, and clean transient speed… reaching a level of musicality that will make even diehard analog fans forget its computer roots.”
– Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound, (read the review)
“The network player by which all others should be judged… the most polished network player I’ve ever used.”
– Computer Audiophile, August 2013, (read the review)
Six Moons “Blue Moon” Award
“To me the S1 is one of the most attractive one-box digital contenders I’ve had opportunity to hear. Perhaps the greatest strength of the S1 resides in a kind of sonic and functional coherence that I do not find with potential competitors… The LUMIN S1 to my ears combines the rare ability of sounding pristine, precise, warm and rhythmically involving all at once… The LUMIN S1 delivers an enormously appealing and involving musical presentation which will become my new reference as a still-affordable digital front-end to consequently demand a Blue Moon award.
– Joël Chevassus, SixMoons.com, (read the review)
“The more time you spend with the LUMIN, the more it becomes clear that the strong performance with a wide variety of material, the extremely well thought out app, and the very handsome appearance combine to make the LUMIN a very enticing buy and one that should work well in a variety of systems.”
– Ed Selly, Hi-Fi+, March 2014
“Its sound is crisp, clear and detailed with an engaging sense of timing that draws the best from the music …the app is one of the best out there on any streamer I’ve used so far.”
– Jon Myles, Hi-Fi World March, 2014
“Each recording was so absorbing, that I did not want to interrupt any album I listened to from beginning to end …This is the most analogue digital player I have ever listened to”
– Audio Stereo, 2014 (read the review)
“…in my opinion it stands up to all comers. I spent many hours listening to the Lumin and every time found my toes tapping. I’ve played the saxophone for over 30 years and at the end of my listening sessions, I found the Lumin sounded more like music and less like computer!”
– Mike Bovaird, Founder, Audio Shark Forums
Lumin D1 Network Music Player
During the development of the LUMIN A1, Lumin’s focus was to create the absolute best source at any price. No expense was spared in its production. With the LUMIN D1, their aim was to try and retain all that award-winning musicality while compromising as little as possible in every other area.
Reducing the size of the casing and removing the HDMI output help reduce costs without losing music quality, and using an auto-ranging power supply offered the biggest savings for the least compromise.
LUMIN D1 – The same musical delivery, for less:
– Compact case
– Single circuit board design
– Retains XLR balanced outputs
– External 100–240V AC auto-ranging power supply
Effortlessly plays everything from DSD through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
Even at this price point, the highest-grade matching components are selected, including true balanced audio outputs.
A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
- DSD Support: DSD64 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- Analog Output Stage: Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 chip per channel, Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Power Supply: 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Physical: 240mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2kg
- Streaming Protocol: UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension, Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlist
- Supported Audio File Formats:
DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Supported Audio Sample Rates, Bit Depths, Number of Channels: PCM, 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16 – 32bit, Stereo, DSD, 2.8MHz, 1bit, Stereo
- Upsampling rates & bit depths: DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
- Supported Control Devices: All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 5.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- App Features: High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Input: Ethernet Network 100Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
Analog Audio: XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot, RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
Digital Audio: BNC SPDIF:
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Finish: Raw brushed aluminium
- Other: Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements