Testimonials (on the previous D30R model)
5 our of 5 Stars
“Dynamic, insightful and subtle sound with excellent midrange, controlled low-frequency performance and terrific build and finish. These ProAcs [D30R’s] deliver a beautifully layered soundstage packed with superbly focused images…They’re superb all-rounders that work well across all genres of music. Feed them a quality signal, position them with care and we’re sure you’ll be pleased.”
– What Hi Fi, August, 2014 (read the review)
ProAc Response D30RS Loudspeaker – with updated and improved bass drivers
With the ProAc Response D30RS Loudspeaker designed by Stewart Tyler, ProAc have taken the recent implementation of carbon fibre from the cones of the Response D40 and Carbon Pro 8 and the Kevlar in Tablette Anniversary/ K6 models and have achieved levels of sound quality that has never been seen before. The time and effort that has been invested into the research carried out for the development of the ProAc Response D30RS Speakers and materials that have been used has allowed ProAc’s engineers to design cones that deliver excellent frequency response characteristics. The ProAc Response D30RS Speakers is the first of ProAc’s models to fully realise the acoustic advantages of carbon fibre.
The Response D30RS Speakers homes a polymer rear coated carbon fibre coned bass driver that has been mounted in a slim and sleek enclosure. Bass loading can be achieved through side vented directional loading, which allows for powerful and precise bass response with superb extension and minimised colouration.
With both ribbon and dome tweeter configurations available, the ProAc Response D30RS Speakers feature high quality HF units previously used in ProAc’s D40 and D40R models, which helps to achieve consistent high quality sound playback. The Response D30RS’s impressive crossover network uses dedicated, highest quality components and multi strand, oxygen free copper wiring. ProAc’s split crossover design enables both bi-wiring and bi-amping options. These qualities all come together to make the Response D30RS an excellent choice for audiophiles. ProAc have seen that ProAc Response D30RS speakers retain the same sonic excellence as the D30RS’s bigger sister models whilst ingeniously scaling them down for those who require smaller floorstanding speakers.
The ProAc Response D30RS Speakers are equipped with spikes designed to penetrate even the thickest of carpets, ensuring your speakers are secure at all times. And when paired with your quality electronics, the D30RS Speakers clean, powerful bass, open colourless midrange and detailed high frequency response can all come together and allow the fantastic potential of the ProAc Response D30RS Speakers to be fully realized.
– Gorgeously designed by Stewart Tyler
– Side vented directional loading
– Powerful bass response
– Carbon fibre and Kevlar components for excellent frequency response
– Ribbon and dome tweeter configurations
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 30KHz
- Dimensions: Height: 41” (1041mm), Width:8.5” (215mm), Depth:10.5” (266mm). Plinth, Width: 10 1/8” (257mm), Depth:12 ¼” (311mm)
- Cabinet 1041 x 215 x 266, Plin
- Bass Driver: 6.5” (165mm) ProAc unit fitted with carbon fibre cone with a polymer rear coating & concentric damping
- Tweeter Driver: ProAc ribbon unit 60mm by10 mm as light as a human hair with rear chamber damping
- Tweeter (dome): Fitted with 1” silk dome tweeter with air cooling
- HQ network using the finest dedicated components wired with multi strand oxygen free copper cable split for bi wiring or bi-amplification
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 – 200 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Weight: 27 kg
- Sensitivity: 89 dB linear for 1 watt at 1 m
Available Finishes: Black Ash, Cherry, Oak, Mahogany, Maple, Ebony, Silk White