“Exceptional midrange clarity is its most distinctive attraction, and highs are silky smooth. Dynamics are good, and the bass is very defined…”
“It’s the SOTA’s ability to separate musical instruments while still producing a cohesive whole that’s really breathtaking. Rarely has any component made it so easy to pick out instruments and follow them regardless of the complexity of the mix.”
“The fact that the Sota Millennia Turntable acquitted itself well against products double its price says a lot for its design integrity. I was struck again and again by the excellence and immediacy of the best analog.”
“Whether it’s a huge orchestral slam or a slice of thumping techno, the SOTA Millennia Turntable has the ability to hypnotize with the way it’s able to separate instruments in the mix. Vinyl reproduction doesn’t come better than this.”
SOTA Millennia Turntable
The all-new open-chassis MILLENNIA Vacuum Turntable System is SOTAs latest assault on the State-Of-The-Art in LP playback. Like the critically acclaimed SOTA COSMOS, the MILLENNIA utilizes an ultra-rigid, unified sub-assembly utilizing a critically damped one piece sub-chassis, milled from a one inch thick solid aluminum plate. The MILLENNIA incorporates a spring-less, hanging four-point balanced-mass visco-elastic suspension system.
The MILLENNIA uses SOTAs internally damped, multi-layer 15-pound vacuum platter system with the ultra Vinyl Format platter mat. It incorporates SOTAs inverted bearing assembly design, utilizing a polished sapphire thrust plate with zirconium bearing. The SOTA Millennia Turntable self-sensing record-hold-down system uses a high-tech pneumatic sensing circuit to provide vacuum clamping and maintenance of exact low-pressure vacuum hold-down. The MILLENNIAs synthesized sine-wave drive (with electronic speed control and speed change) 24 pole A/C Stepper Motor drive system is housed in a separate, high-mass stand alone cabinet and is powered by SOTAs Electronic Flywheel power supply. Additional damping has been added to the cabinet as well as adjustable feet for fine tuning.
Turntables must control every issue that affects performance in order to faithfully reproduce what’s on the record. The basic goal, maximum information retrieval, is one of controlling microscopic vibrations – a task that requires the utmost in engineering precision and comprehensive design.
All SOTA precision tables accomplish the challenging task of controlling the forces within and from without the turntable such as vinyl resonance, acoustic vibration (from speakers) to impure power source thus allowing your tonearm/cartridge combination to achieve their maximum level of performance.
SOTA Millennia Turntable
- Rumble: less than -60db unweighted (10cm/sec @ 1000Hz)
- Wow & Flutter: less than .04% RMS
- Suspension: hanging 4-point visco-elastic balanced 22 pound sub-chassis
- Platter: individually balanced 15.2 lb one-piece cast platter with internal damping, lead flywheel ring, SOTA ultra Vinyl Format Platter Mat, molded silicone vacuum lip and anti-static Groove Damper Mat
- Vacuum System: electronic-sensing, provides LP clamping vacuum pressure of 3.0 Hg. +/- 0.2 Hg
- Shaft: hardened steel, hand matched to sintered bronze sleeves
- Motor: synthesized sine-wave drive, advanced A/C Stepper Motor with massive pulley flywheel
- Bearing: thrust pad: polished sapphire disc; thrust point: zirconium ball
- Transmission: belt driven
- Speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM, electronically switchable with fine tuning
- Weight: 44 lb (20 kg) turntable only; 20 lb each (9 kg each) pump and motor unit
- Dimensions: 8-1/2″ to top of Reflex Clamp, 26″ W, 15″ D