Nova shown in Cherry Finish above
SOTA Nova Turntable – No compromises, just pleasure.
Sota has a sound that leaves others flat with it’s great sense of the whole sonic picture; Soundstage, tonality, purity, agility and quietness. Not to mention you can order almost any beautiful wood of your choice.
Nova in Birdseye Maple (tonearm/cartridge not included). Lots of options for other finishes and tonearms.
(Photo courtesy of Tone Audio).
“The SOTA Nova turntable gets my highest recommendation. It was easy to set up, emminently reliable in its operation and unflinchingly served as the foundation of a high end analog playback system. It was the model of competence: rock-solid isolation and speed control. With the SOTA Nova, your tonearm and cartridge will be able to perform to their highest possible extent – the most tone colors I’ve heard, the truest instrumental timbres and the broadest soundstage yet from my cartridge. This table also looks lovely in its real wood cabinet. As mentioned earlier, I have started calling the SOTA Nova “The Rock of Gibraltar”. Give one a spin and I’m confident you will agree with me.”
– Jim Clemens, HomeTheatreHiFi.com, (read the review)
“The SOTAs are the only suspended turntables that are absolutely, unconditionally stable over time, a statement I make from personal experience.”
“SOTA is one of those companies that has been making wonderful products for so long it’s easy to overlook them in the hoopla of “the next best thing”. I rediscovered SOTA in 2004 and fell in love soon after getting my Sapphire – a full of life sound that is positively satisfying.
You won’t find a more sensible, high value / performance table for your LP’s – including any of seven other table brands I sell! Classically designed with fully modern results, consider SOTA for your next turntable.”
The Sota Nova Turntable:
- Floating Seismic Platform Suspension with 22 lb. Balanced Sub-Chassis Hung from Four Point Spring Suspension System
- Internally Damped, Multi-layer 14 – 15 lb. Platter
- Inverted Bearing Design with Sapphire Thrust Plate and Zirconium bearing
- Self-Sensing Vacuum Hold-Down with Reflex Clamp, the “Ultimate Record Clamping System
- COSMOS Vinyl-Format Mat
- “Bolt-Through”, Multi-Layer Armboard Block Mounting
- Electronic Flywheel Ultra-Regulated, High-Speed Power Supply for Motor System
- High-Efficiency A/C Motor with Double-Regulated, Synthesized Sine-Wave Drive and Balanced Pulley
- Electronic Speed Control and Speed Change
- Interchangeable Tonearms with SOTA Composite Armboards
- Optional Tension-Hinged Clear Dust Cover
- Optional Finishes
- Two Year Parts & Labor Warranty
Turntables must control every issue that affects performance in order to faithfully reproduce what’s on the record. The basic goal, maximum information retrieval, is one of controlling microscopic vibrations – a task that requires the utmost in engineering precision and comprehensive design.
All Sota precision tables accomplish the challenging task of controlling the forces within and from without the turntable such as vinyl resonance, acoustic vibration (from speakers) to impure power source thus allowing your tonearm/cartridge maximum performance.
- Rumble: less than -60db unweighted (10cm/sec @ 1000Hz)
- Wow & Flutter: less than .04% RMS
- Suspension: tuned 4-point stretched-spring sub-chassis, 2.55 Hz frequency
- Platter: individually balanced 14 lb one-piece cast platter with internal damping, lead flywheel ring, SOTA Vinyl-Format Platter Mat, molded silicone vacuum lip and anti-static Groove Damper mat
- Vacuum System: electronic-sensing, provides LP clamping vacuum pressure of 3.0 Hg. +/- 0.2 Hg
- Shaft: hardened steel, hand matched to sintered bronze sleeves
- Motor: high-efficiency A/C motor with double-regulated, synthesized sine-wave drive and balanced pulley; electronic flywheel with ultra-regulated, high-speed power supply for motor system
- Bearing: thrust pad; polished sapphire disc; thrust point: hardened zirconium ball bearing
- Transmission: belt driven
- Speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM, electronically switchable with fine tuning
- Weight: 44 lb (20 kg) turntable only; 10 lb (9 kg) pump unit
- Dimensions: 7-1/2″ H (to top of dust cover), 20-1/4″ W, 16-1/2″ D