VAC Phi 170 Stereo Tube Amplifier w/ IQ
At first glance, the new VAC Phi 170 Stereo Tube Amplifier may seem like a typical 85 watt per channel stereo amplifier. Sure, it can be transformed into a 170 watt monoblock at the flick of a switch, and it has a fully balanced input mode, but the real breakthrough is inside, for the Phi 170 is equipped with the revolutionary patented* VAC iQ Continuous Automatic Bias System.
The VAC iQ is the only system able to hold each output tube’s true underlying idle current perfectly steady at all times, no matter how much you turn up the volume. Say goodbye to manual tweaking, bias drift, thermal tracking effects, dynamic load-line shift, runaway tubes, and blown fuses. Say hello to more detail, increased extension and punch, lower noise, less distortion, and high reliability.
It will even tell you when it’s time to replace weak tubes.
The Phi 170 with iQ System. Superior sound. Only from VAC.
* US Patent 8.749.310. International patents pending.
- Type: Vacuum tube power amplifier with transformer coupled output
– VAC iQ Continuous Automatic Bias System ™
– Class A1 triode input & driver stages
– Direct coupled input & driver stages
– Low feedback design (6 dB)
– 12 volt trigger
– Detachable power cord
- Switch Settings:
– Fully balanced or single-ended input
– Stereo or mono operation
- Power Output:
– 85 watts/channel stereo continuous
– 170 watts mono continuous
- Speaker Matching Taps: 1-2 ohms, 2-4 ohms, 4-8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz to 71 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Full Power Bandwidth: 15 Hz to 63 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Residual Noise: Typically > 95 dB below rated output
- Input Impedance:
– 200k Ohms, Stereo, Balanced
– 100k Ohms, Stereo, Single Ended
– 100k Ohms, mono, Balanced
– 50k Ohms, mono, Single Ended
– 30 dB, Stereo, Balanced
– 33 dB, Stereo, Single Ended
– 31 dB, Mono, Balanced
– 34 dB, Mono, Single Ended
- Output Polarity:
– Balanced input is Pin 2 positive.
- Tube Complement:
– 4 x type 6SN7
– 4 x type KT88
– Compatible with KT120
– Compatible with KT150
- Operating Voltages: Available factory set for 100, 120, 220, or 230/240 volt operation
– Cardas rhodium RCA jacks
– Neutrik XLR jacks
– Cardas rhodium binding posts
– 17.8″ W x 14.2″ D x 8.5″ H
– 452 mm x 361 mm x 216 mm
- Weight: 68 lbs. (31 kg.)
- Origin: Designed & manufactured exclusively in the United States of America by VAC